Highly-respected and widely-recognized in the graphic design industry, and by numerous local, regional and national clients as a conceptual design expert, experienced educator and a passionate entrepreneur, meet our founder and president, Shawn O’Mara.
“My goal is to continue to grow as a conceptual designer, instructor and entrepreneur. I love to create, and I have a passion for teaching and inspiring young designers. Nothing gives me more satisfaction than to see a student or colleague develop his or her artistic abilities and then apply those talents to the marketplace. Equally rewarding is developing and creating classic brands and distinctive collateral at ocreations that not only delivers what a client wants, but also far exceeds their wildest expectations.
For more than 25 years, I have been helped companies, both large and small, as well as for-profit and non-profit organizations, build their business and their brands, and it has been such rewarding work. As a tireless entrepreneur, watching ocreations grow and continue to serve more clients has been both humbling and inspiring.
Since 1994, I have been instructing students at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, and I also teach at Duquesne University and Chatham University. It’s an honor to be called on frequently to serve as a graphic design faculty member and expert. When your passion is also your profession, you’re blessed. I love my work!”
- The Art Institute of Pittsburgh – Full Time Faculty
- Duquesne University – Adjunct Faculty
- Chatham University – Adjunct Faculty
- Graduated from Art Institute of Pittsburgh with an Associates Degree in Graphic Design.
- Graduated Point Park College with a Bachelors of Science Degree
- Graduated Duquesne University with a Masters in Multimedia
- Designer for Spectrum Graphics
- Art Director for Guidotti Marketing Group
- Sr. Designer for Thrift Drug Inc.
- Creative Manager for Giant Eagle Inc. (9.5 years)
- Freelance Designer (O’Mara Creations) 1990 – 2007
- 2007 established ocreations LLC – President
- Concept focused design geared to reach the target market
- Focus on hierarchy
- David Carson
- Saul Bass
- Jonathan Ive
- Andy Warhol
- Spending time with my family
- Coaching youth sports
- Working out
Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. –Pablo Picasso